- “School Representative”: an adult over the age of 18 who is a teacher or other representative of a school that subscribes to our Services and has administrative rights to provide access to Users (as defined below);
- “School”: an individual school, group of schools, entire school district, or other local educational agency that subscribes to the Services and has administrative rights to provide access to the Services to individual Users and School Representatives;
- “User”: an adult over the age of 18 who is a user of the Services, including a School Representative.
Information We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Email address and other Google account profile information, which is collected when you connect your Google account to Grading Assistant. Note that all information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Chrome Web Store User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
- Business contact information from School Representatives.
- Any information you choose to share with us, for example in an email, website form, support ticket, social media, or survey responses.
- Usage data for the Grading Assistant Chrome Extension, including the amount of interaction with a specific platform or gradebook and the number of grades successfully transferred.
- Information we collect automatically: We and our third-party service providers, including analytics providers such as Google Analytics, may automatically collect certain information when you visit our site or use our Services. This may include:
- Technical information about how you use Grading Assistant, such as the type of device you are using, your operating system, IP address, and length of session.
- Information about what pages you view within our site, how you arrived at our site, and some basic information about your computer or device. We use this information to understand what parts of our site are doing well and which need improvement.
We strive to collect only the minimum amount of data necessary to operate our Services and provide a positive user experience.
We do not collect any student data that is transferred using the Chrome Extension. All temporary data during the transferring process is stored in your browser and is irrevocably cleared from your browser each time you click the clear button.
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information only for the following purposes:
- Providing the Grading Assistant Services and ensuring that you can use them properly.
- Managing and administering your account.
- Responding to any questions, comments, or complaints we receive from you.
- Communicating with you about Grading Assistant for account-related or promotional purposes.
- Analyzing usage of the Grading Assistant Services.
- Improving the Grading Assistant Services.
- Complying with applicable laws.
- Any other purposes with your permission.
We use security and technology measures consistent with industry standards to protect your personal information and ensure that it is not lost, damaged, or accessed by anyone who should not see it. Your data is stored in DigitalOcean in the United States. To learn more about DigitalOcean’s security measures, please click here. While we take reasonable measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your data. In the unlikely event of an unauthorized disclosure of your data, we will notify you (either directly or through your School or School Representative) in accordance with our legal or contractual requirements.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- The right to opt-out of receiving certain email communication from us by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
- The right to request access to, rectification of, or erasure of your personal information.
- The right to object to, restrict, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability, which allows you to request that we transfer your personal information to a third party.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact information provided below. We may need to request specific information from you to verify your identity and ensure your right to access or control your personal information. We may also need to ask you for further information to help us understand your request. We may also need to retain certain personal information for a period of time to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
Our Services are not intended for children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will take steps to delete such information as soon as possible.
FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) Compliance
FERPA is a federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. As a Chrome Extension and website, Grading Assistant does not collect any student education records and therefore is compliant with FERPA.
COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act) Compliance
COPPA is a federal law that requires websites and online services to obtain parental consent before collecting personal information from children under the age of 13. Grading Assistant is not intended for children under the age of 18 and therefore does not collect personal information from children under the age of 13. As such, Grading Assistant is compliant with COPPA.
CIRPA (California Internet Privacy Protection Act) Compliance
NYS Ed Law 2-d Compliance
NYS Ed Law 2-d is a New York state law that regulates the collection, use, and disclosure of student data by education technology providers. As a Chrome Extension and website, Grading Assistant does not collect any student data and therefore is compliant with NYS Ed Law 2-d.
SOPPA (Student Online Personal Information Protection Act)
SOPPA is a California state law that regulates the collection, use, and disclosure of student data by education technology providers. As a Chrome Extension and website, Grading Assistant does not collect any student data and therefore is compliant with SOPPA.
We are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which is a European Union (EU) law that regulates the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information of individuals within the EU. If you are an EU resident, you have the right to access, rectify, erase, restrict, or object to the processing of your personal information, as well as the right to data portability. You also have the right to file a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have any concerns about how we are handling your personal information.
Grading Assistant, LLC
21750 Hardy Oak Blvd Ste 104 PMB 99662
San Antonio, Texas 78258-4946 US
Last updated: 01/10/2023